Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

Second Day....


 Well, its my second day here. How do I feel? good. Am I homesick? Yes, a bit, but what can you do? It's not like I didn't expect it. But it's not too bad if i don't think about it too much. There's so much going on here, It's easy to be distracted. I spent alot of the day sitting outside under the fruit trees on my laptop. The weather was nice most of the day. One thing that bother me though, was the mangoes dropping from the trees. They may be small, but they make a BIG impact! How lame would it be to have your computer broken by a falling mango, lol
Mmmmm.... Mangoes....

Here most people dry their clothes outside because of the hot sun

It's a nice setup :)

I swear i must have hit my head on this stupid mango at least 15 times today as i walked by! gah...

Sleeping, or dead? You be the judge :)

And then i ate lunch and played soccer with some of the local kids :)

Drunken chicken with noodles,  pasta, lemon juice, onions, and parmesan cheese :)


Alan, my adopted nephew :)
(on the left), and Alejandro

This thing may be old, but its invaluable :)

Soccer :)


Went out for a walk with Kitties dad, and then we went to the supermercado(supermarket).

Here people use a weird basket thing instead of a trash can when putting out the trash. The reason its so high up is to keep the dogs away.

Some of the roads here aren't paved. I guess it's because people don't want to pay to have them paved.. 


These things are called "Mirame y no me toques", which means "look at me but don't touch me. People  plant these on their walls to prevent people from cllimbing them
They also put broken bottles on top of their walls for the same reason.

most middle and upper class people have gates. Maybe they are afraid of the poor people?

Here the bread comes flying out of a shoot to land in the basket below. Seems weird, but it is REALLY fresh!

Horse and cart. You see them quite often here :) I want one! hehe

Most things here are ridiculously cheap.  for 88,000 Guaranis(about 22 bucks), i got 5 containers of yerba mate, like a pound of lunchmeat, a pound of cheese, a big beer, a pizza, and a bottle of nice hard liquor(canya), a bag of bread, and a bag if chipa :) We ate the pizza later that night, and was like the best pizza i ever had! everything was made fresh, even the crust, and it only cost about 3 dollars :) And i mixed some canya with lime juice, honey, and ice, and it was SO nice!
Just found one one of those types of yerba mate, called katauava, is an aphrodisiac and sexual stimulant... Guess i better be careful with that one, eh? :P

Doggies! :)

So one last thing i wanted to mention are the insects. Since this is a tropical climate, they are EVERYWHERE. Flies, mosquitos, dragonflys, and other things. Having a bit of trouble getting used to that, but i will get over it. I'm gonna look into some natural mosquito repellent tomorrow. Anyway, jajochata koerope(pronounced:yayo-shatay-ko-airopey), which basically means "Talk to you tomorrow" in Guarani.

No comments:

Post a Comment